Friday 5 June 2009

"Meeting Yoko Ono"


This is a two-page comic strip I've been working on for Delaine Derry Green's anthology "Not My Small Diary". The theme of the next issue (no. 15) is brushes with fame so I thought I'd tell the story of how I met Yoko Ono in April 2003. So here are some pics of the two very rough pencilled pages (don't worry if some of the words don't make sense - they will in the final version) as well as a partially inked first page. I've actually finished it now but I don't want to post the finished strip online at least not yet because I think it will be more special for people to see the final comic "in print"... is that way old-fashioned of me?!
Anyway I am pretty happy with how the strip's turned out and also with the way I drew myself in the strip as I was getting tired of my usual round-headed comics self-caricature and wanted to try something new.

2 comments:

Nathan Kibler said...

You sweat so beautifully on paper. I've heard plenty of Yoko Ono stories and yet we all know so little about who she really is. Like so many celebrities she could be waxworks and no one would know. Great line, though. "Maybe next time." Sort of like "Why not?"

Sina Sparrow said...

Yeah! It was such a weird thing to say. So breezy. I loved it! I also love that you think I sweat beautifully on paper! Hahaha! x